I’m a contributor to LanguageLog.
Some of my posts:
- The Romantic Side of Familiar Words
- Google Books: A Metadata Train Wreck
- Deontic illogic
- If rabble comes can rousers be far behind?
- Buckley, thou should’st be living at this hour!
- Who would not weep if E. B. White were he?
- Evidential Ain’t
- Mission Postposition
- Tis Strange the Mind, That Fiery Particle…
- Elite Individuals
- ‘Tis the Gift to be Simplistic
- And a Right Guid Willie Waught to You, Too, Pal
- Gingerly We Roll Along
- Making the World Safe for “Democracy”
- What “Under God” Really Means (followup 1,2)
- Samuel Huntington’s Mistakes
- Why Linguists Get No Respect
I’ve also posted occasionally at the New Republic’s “Open University.”